115 North Church Street
Marion, Virginia 24354
Local Phone: 276-783-2356
Cornerstone is a six bed residential crisis stabilization unit that offers short term, sub acute services for adult consumers, or "guests".Â The mission of the program is to provide creative, recovery based crisis stabilization services in a warm and inviting, least restrictive environment that instills education, self-awareness, hope andÂ self-determination as building blocks for change.Â Guests of the program enter on a voluntary basis and can stay up to a maximum of 15 days.Â Services are designed for guests with a primary mental health diagnosis, or a co-occurring substance abuse or mental retardation diagnosis.Â Another function of Cornerstone is to provide a 'step down' feature to reduce the hospital readmission rate by providing a transitional community treatment option to expedite facility discharges.
Cornerstone provides guests with the following services:
- Private room and board/all meals/basic hygiene items
- 24 hour/staffing/7days per week
- Psychiatric services
- Nursing services
- Daily medication/pharmacological services
- Individual and group counseling and recovery sessions
- Intensive case management to assess needs
- Integrated treatment model for dual diagnosis of psychosis and addiction
- Treatment coordination/discharge planning
In addition to the Mount Rogers Community Services Board service areas, Cornerstone
also accepts referrals from Highlands Community Services.
Services are not appropriate for:
- Individuals with medical conditions which require hospital care
- Individuals with a primary diagnosis of substance abuse
- Individuals with psychiatric conditions which cannot be managed in the community, such as individuals who are of imminent danger to self or others.